Working in the Community, Working for the Community

Category Archives: News

Deputy Seamus Healy has called on Mr. Cathal McGee; CEO of the Health Service Executive to personally and publicly confirm that there is no threat to St. Anthony’s Unit for the Elderly.

Once again the irresponsible conduct of the Health Service Executive has spread fear, anxiety, worry and confusion among elderly residents, families and staff of St. Anthony’s Unit for the Elderly in Clonmel.

Deputy Healy said he was shocked to be told on Friday afternoon last that there was a threat to the unit and when he visited the unit on Friday evening, he found residents, families and staff deeply worried for the future.

Having fully investigated the recent developments at the unit, I am fully satisfied that a threat to close the unit was indeed made.

This is directly contrary to assurances giving to me and others when we were briefed on the 2012 HSE Plan for the South on the 24th February last.

These assurances were giving to by Mr. Pat Healy, Health Service Executive, Regional Director South in the presence of the Health Service Executive South East Area Manager and of the Health Service Executive South Tipperary Manager.

Mr. Pat Healy confirmed that St. Anthony’s Unit would not close and that furthermore no beds in the unit would close.

In view of these contradictory statements, the most Senior National Health Service Executive Official, Mr. McGee must now publicly confirm that St. Anthony’s Unit will remain open and fully operational for both residential and respite services.

Deputy Healy said that he had been monitoring developments at St. Anthony’s Unit for some time and remained concerned for the future of the unit.

The future position of the respite service being provided at the unit must also be fully clarified. There are strong indications that the respite service will be reduced or indeed removed completely.

Respite admissions are now being booked on an ad hoc weekly basis rather than the planned 3 monthly basis heretofore.

Seamus Healy T.D 087 2802199
56 Queen Street
Clonmel,
Co.Tipperary

 

clonmelonline.com


Deputy Seamus Healy speaking today in Carrick on Suir, Co Tipperary against the Household Charge, Septic Tank Tax and Eductional Cuts

Click Here

 


Today on radio it was suggested that the Government will take money from the wages and social welfare payments of people who do not pay the Household Charge. Can I clarify that this is not true. The Taoiseach himself on 08 February 2012 in the Dáil stated that there is no legislation nor is there any legislation being contemplated which will allow any monies to be taken from anyone’s wages or social welfare payments in this regard. The Taoiseach added that there were Constitutional Issues which make the introduction of such legislation extremely difficult. If a change is to be made to the Constitution we the people of Ireland must vote to allow the change to be made. I hope this clarifies the situation.

 

 

Further Meetings this week:

Cashel:
Kearney’s Castle Hotel – 01 March at 8pm

Killenaule:
St Mary’s Hall – 02 March at 8pm

 

 

 

Anyone who would like further information or who would like to become involved in the campaign can contact http://www.nohouseholdtax.org or the helpline at 1890989800 or locally at Deputy Seamus Healy’s office at 56 Queen Street, Clonmel on 052 6121883.



Design a site like this with WordPress.com
Get started