Mattie McGrath TD offers to support a Fine Gael Government in the next Dáil.
Michael Noonan, chief architect of the cuts has approached him!
In his announcement Mattie McGrath T.D. did not set out any of the issues below as “red line issues” for his support
We must therefore assume that Mattie is prepared to support the following policies to which Fine Gael are committed to implement in the next government:
• Water Charges to be continued.
• Family Home Tax to be continued.
• Exorbitant Interest Rates on Mortgage Holders-Twice the European Average, to be continued.
• Eviction of Tipperary families from their homes by government owned banks to be continued.
• Michael Noonan has recently refused the request of Seamus Healy TD, in a parliamentary question in the Dáil, to stop AIB, Permanent TSB and ESB, in which the Minister holds the huge majority of the shares, seeking the eviction of Tipperary families through the courts.
Mattie McGrath has recently expressed concern that home repossessions by banks are pushing people towards suicide. This is a concern that I share.
In the Dáil, just before the dissolution, I appealed to Minister Michael Noonan to order the banks he owns to withdraw repossession proceedings in light of the extreme housing emergency which exists.
The Minister refused.
This means that the government has given the green light to the banks they own, to continue to evict families including up to 100 Tipperary families who are up for repossession before the County Tipperary circuit courts.
Mattie McGrath should clarify his position to the people of Tipperary urgently.
He cannot continue to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds
Seamus Healy TD 087 2802199